Friday, February 03, 2006

eating murukku

just had some asthalin.. feeling much better. - i normally dont have medicine.. but if it does become necessary - then i do take.

murukku tastes yummy - thanks to my parents who got it for me from pondicherry.

it was actually a very good gesture for them to come to bangalore to see me off.

hearing chinna chinna asai song from roja now.. i remember the first time i heard this song was when i was in my 9th standard.. that was also the time when i was trying hard to prove to myself that i could get the first rank in my class.

it was really 5 through 10 all the time.. this time i wanted it to be special.. i really planned it out like anything.. kept on focusing on my writing speed..

i always knew that writing speed was the key to success in exams.. so wrote and wrote and wrote.. be it a maths problem or a chemistry equation.. i wrote until i could say it upside down.

then in my 1st midterm - i did exceedingly well.

so i knew i was in the right track. now my main target was my quaterly exams. it was the key for me at that age.. how sincere and focused i used to be then!

those days - i used to keep motivating myself - amidst all the issues i was in - wanting to prove something to myself.. something which would give me satisfaction.

well.. the day the marks were out - i really could thank God for the results.. i scored 823/1000 - a total which was the top most not only in A section but also inthe other 5 sections.

infact no one even touched 800. the next highest was in the 780's.

that day i bought a cassette of Roja.. Lahari company .... I hadnt heard Roja at all till that day - I had promised myself that only after getting the first rank - I would hear Roja....!

I somehow had a huge interest in music.. could focus on studies while listening to music.. music was always the big source of inspiration in my life - all along. especially ARRehman!

I had bought each and every one of his cassettes since Roja - I sort of related him to my first big success in life - my first rank in 9th standard.

That year - I got the proficiency award in my school annual day - my parents didnt come for the annual day.. so i was all alone relishing my success.. but didnt really know whom to share it with!

whatever they had done for me - i am really grateful!

had very good friends in premjit and nallam and kaushik and kapil. every one of us was very mature and we really helped each other when the other was in any kind of problem!

struggled a lot in that phase of my life.. but somehow i never gave up!

- another happy moment was when i acted in the school plays.. i never really was an outspoken person in school.. never really came out in the open to do things like drama.

but my school teacher Mr. Subramanian - he was the one who really wanted me to get in. Those drama rehearsal days were all full of fun. Though initially shy, I was able to make it and did a good show - in my school annual day.

i played the role of the "devil" and kapil was the "imp". it was one funny play. anoop was the peasant. had a good role with minimum makeup :)

no one came to watch the annual day - from my end. that was just how it was! - i was all alone doing things and enjoying them quite alone.

i had done two dramas in school in fact!

--

just had some sambhar rice with murukku.. feeling much better now. need to take some rest and start off tomm to look for houses.

satish.

No comments: