Friday, June 16, 2006

Whats Happening on my End.

I think it has been quite some time since I decided to spend some time on my blog. The reason being simply - no time. Nothing new with the reason yeah!

Long hours in the workplace and extended hours playing cricket and squash literally left me physically and mentally drained. Its not a story of one week its literally almost 2 months now. Now thats a long period.

The last time I spent some time for myself was way way before. Cant even remember when it was.

But a lot of the efforts I had put in was also giving me best results. My work is going ok. My squash games - I have been beating my opponent quite comfortably these days. I would have easily won 75% in the last 8 occasions we played. That doesnt take anything away from John. But then I am getting my game back - the way I used to play in college. Good serve and optimal speed.

The best part of my efforts are in the cricket arena. First - sometime back - I got my first Man of the Match recognition for taking 5 wickets.

This is what was posted about me in the match report.

"a change of bowling brought jim and satish on, with a fantastic showing from satish taking 5 wkts for 10 runs in
a paltry 5 over spell. graham & tony got an over in before satish finished off the oppo with a run out. hawley with only 10 men all out for 58."

and then the summary of the match:

"m.o.m 5 wkt star + 1 catch + run out satish vishwanathan"

my 5 wicket record is still the best for this season in my club.

last weekend was really a special moment for me. I opened the batting after a real long time. it was a good game. i scored 48 which included 10 fours. I was very much in my elements. i also opened the bowling - 7-3-18-2 was my figures. I think it was pretty good.

The match report said as follows:

"Satish opened up from the other end (in the absence of the metronomic David Lumby) and was quickly into his groove, dismissing both openers cheaply."

"In response Morden started brightly, in the face of some very good bowling. Girish and Satish put on 80 for the first wicket. Satish in particular looked in excellent nick, cutting and driving beautifully.

But all good things must come to an end and Satish fell on 48, agonisingly short of a well deserved fifty."

"Man of the match - Satish. 2-18 and 48 runs just pips Girish."

On sunday also we played a game - it was good. I scored 28 and took 2 wickets. That was also satisfying from my perspective.

So nearly 3 MOMs later - the way I look at the game is slightly different. I look at it with a lot more focus and concentration. This weekend has two matches. Lets see how it all goes this time.

I did another spectacular feat today. I cleaned my house like never before. I usually do it on the weekends but as you probably are aware, I was busy with cricket for nearly most of the last few weekends so the house was getting messier by the day.

Luckily I got a call from my house agent that someone was planning to buy this house and wanted to have a quick visit tomorrow. So I atleast had a deadline to work towards. I washed all the utensils and cleaned the fridge and the hall.. the bedroom is quite nice too. It looks as new as it was when I got in.

I need to finish my early morning dinner and then go to bed. Tomorrow is just another interesting day coming my way.

Satish Viswanathan.

No comments: