Saturday, September 02, 2006

A good day's cricket

August 13th was a very good day.. logith and shagun were supposed to come over to my place for the day.. and i had this cricket match lined up in the afternoon.

ofcourse cricket is my first priority.. so i was hoping that only rain could intervene and make it all work out well.

it was raining in the morning and jerry - my captain - called me and said the match was off.. i was so happy that my friends wouldnt have to be alone at my place..

then half hour later the match was on.. thanks to the 'on-off' london weather.

i was damn pissed off with the opposite team as they were keen to play even with the erratic weather and didnt want to call it off.

managed to eat some rice and channa masala which shagun made and rushed to play the match... it was damn raining in the bus and i was cursing myself!!

finally the match started half hour late and we batted first..
i was one down as usual... it was a wet pitch and i was struggling initially to get my eye in.. this was also the first day i had worn my spike shoes :!)

took around 8 balls to score my single. after one over, i was at 21. 3 fours a six and a double and a dot ball. that was some over!!!

i really took that bowler out and he was changed promptly. that day, i was really so focussed and in my zone. Kept on hitting fours and sixes. Scored my second 50 of the season and it was really a memorable one. Ended up at 71 - with 8 fours and 3 sixes.

I also had to open the bowling and by the third over, I had taken 2 wickets, both in-cutting clean bowled deliveries.

i was the man of the match for the 5th time of the season. i consider that a mini-achievement in itself.

the best shot i played was a spanking six over cover - i really enjoyed that shot and it is fresh in my mind.!!

won that match by a mile and then went early... and then had a good time with logith and shagun.

No comments: