Saturday, April 18, 2009

Which side am I on?

IPL season 2 has started in full flow. God knows how the schedules of millions of people are going to change again. Just similar to the jetlag phenomenon - we are all going to get "time lagged" to accomodate the 4 PM and the 8 PM tv slots.

Settling down in my new Pune residence - I wonder which team should I support?

Pune doesn't gave a team of it's own. I just about relocated from Chennai. Mumbai is where my wife hails from. Bangalore gave me my first IT job and I managed nearly 4 years there. Considering I am just about 22 that's a huge part of my life!!

Let's start eliminating some for a start. Nothing to do with Kolkata. Delhi - nothing again. Hyderabad - some of my relatives stay there. Nothing more.

Rajasthan. Hmm - now here's another link. Pilani. 6 years there. How many teams do I have to support? Not that it matters to anyone.

IPL Cricket, however regional they market it as - it certainly has many points of confluence for most Indians. I am sure most of the IT professionals in India would agree.

One disappointment though. The stadium noise seems to have fizzled out with the South African crowd. Nothing near the Indian decibel standards.

Chennai beaten in the first game. Go Mumbai Go. I am closer to you than before.

Time to watch the next IPL game. Now surely my blogging schedules have changed. Ciao.

No comments: